Global T20 Cricket Tournament (starring Yuvraj Singh!)
The Canadian T20 tournament is LIVE from 25 July to 11 August 2019 in Ontario
Launched in 2018, the Global T20 Canada (GLT20) cricket tournament is a one-of-a-kind, star-studded cricket championship that’s hosted in Canada. Its current (and second overall) edition is called Global T20 Canada 2019 and it follows the benchmarks set by some of the market leaders like the Indian Premier League (IPL) and Big Bash League (BBL).
A total of 1000 players from 42 countries had applied to be a part of this grand tournament. Around 120 of them made the cut and they were consequently drafted in six competing teams. These teams shall run for glory over a 17-day period, from 25 July 2019 to 11 August 2019, thus spanning 22 matches in all.
The grand tournament shall kick-off with two power-packed games between Yuvraj-led Toronto Nationals and Gayle-led Vancouver Knights from CAA Centre in Ontario. You can catch the action LIVE on 25 July 2019 at 10 PM IST.
Venue, Format and Schedule
1. Venue: The Global T20 Canada Cricket Tournament is an international 20 overs cricket tournament that is hosted at CAA Centre, Brampton, Ontario. This iconic stadium is a state-of-the-art, multi-purpose arena comprising 5000 seats and often hosts ice hockey matches.
2. Format: This star-studded Canadian tournament features six teams comprising 16-20 players each.
- A total of 22 matches are arranged in Round Robin formats.
- Every competing team would play five matches until four top-performing teams are sorted.
- These four teams would then proceed to qualify for the Play-Offs and one Knockout.
- Top two teams proceed for the Finals on 11 August 2019 at CAA Centre in Brampton.
3. Schedule: The central part of the Global T20 Canada 2019 schedule is that there are a total of 22 matches scheduled (including Play Offs, Knockout and Final). We have presented the schedule of the event below:
BB’s brand ambassador, Yuvraj Singh to lead Toronto Nationals!
Yuvraj Singh is now the brand ambassador of BalleBaazi.com and we are super-thrilled to see him back in action. With a total of 1177 international runs at a jaw-dropping average of 44.16 in 58 T20s, our Baazigar is all set to rock in his second innings in Canada this month!
Yuvi shall be leading a star-studded team of superstars like Trent Boult, Kieron Pollard, Mitchell McClenaghan, Brendon McCullum and Heinrich Klaasen for his team ‘Toronto Nationals.’
This team shall play against Chris Gayle’s Vancouver Knights as the tournament opens on 25 July 2019.
Canada T20 League Teams
There are six different Canada t20 league teams, each with its own coach and support staff. They together comprise 120 players from over 40 cricket-playing countries and feature some of the biggest names in the history of the game!
Coach: Geoff Lawson
Yuvraj Singh (capt.)
Coach: Phil Simmons
Shakib Al Hasan
Coach: Stephen Fleming
Faf du Plessis
Coach: Tom Moody
Coach: Donovan Miller
Saad Bin Zafar
Rassie van der Dussen
Hayden Walsh Jr.
Coach: Lalchand Rajput
Paul van Meekeren