If revenge had a face, it would be the India vs New Zealand ODI series 2020 where the Kiwis have bounced back in style and completely owned the 3-match home series. The interesting fact here is that India had previously whitewashed New Zealand in the 5-match T20I India vs New Zealand series in the same tour overpowering the Kiwi’s dominance in the shortest format of the game.
BalleBaazi fantasy cricket lovers would have had a gala time making their own teams to win real cash during the India vs New Zealand ODI if they would have made KL Rahul & Henry Nicholls as their Captain & Vice-Captain since both these players had an eventful game to remember. However, KL wouldn’t be happy with an effort gone in vain.
What a turnaround in this Ind vs Nz battle, is what everyone’s been saying but what did India really do to have received such huge losses back to back? We look at the key pointers as to how the 3rd ODI between India vs New Zealand earmarked the collective loss of the series for India.
- Wicket-less Jasprit Bumrah
The world’s number one bowler going wicket-less in the Ind vs Nz ODI series is a huge sign of failure for the team. Bumrah hasn’t really been amongst the wickets post his comeback after injury and it seems that the Blackcaps have found a way to dodge his Yorkers and convert them into full tosses. In 3 games, Bumrah has gone for 167 runs in 30 overs with only a single maiden. This definitely has been a spot of bother and it’s high time the Indian pacer gets his rhythm back.
- Run-less Run Machine While the world’s number one bowler went wicket-less, the world’s number one batsman scored just 75 runs in 3 matches! Now, according to the standards of Virat Kohli who averages almost 60 in the ODI format, this is a below-par score. It comes in as no surprise that India have failed to put any breaks on the Kiwis victory-run since their top performers, Kohli & Bumrah failed to deliver miserably that was further dented with the absence of Rohit Sharma.
- Butter Fingers on the Field Team India has been extremely poor in the field throughout the India vs New Zealand 2020 ODI series. So much so that the Captain had to make a statement saying that the fielding in the series hasn’t been up to the mark of international standards and it comes in as no surprise that scores such as 347 & 297 could not be defended. As such, India has been struggling with their poor fielding form since the T20 series against Bangladesh and it just doesn’t seem to improve!
- Powerplay Blitzkrieg Guptill & Nicholls, the New Zealand openers have been on-song especially in the power-play without giving away any wicket and making their 50-run partnership stand before the 6th over. This helped them gain good momentum which they carried out throughout their innings. Meanwhile, India wasn’t been able to claim any wicket with even Jadeja bowling in the power-play overs. The likes of Shami haven’t been given any game so that could be one of the reasons and Shardul Thakur has been bowling poorly since the first T20 game which puts him in a spot of bother after the series’ conclusion.
- Opening Issues Prithvi Shaw and Mayank Aggarwal have not been able to capitalize their good starts and convert them into century stands. Team India has clearly missed Shikhar Dhawan & Rohit Sharma at the top who play mature cricket and usually deliver a steady start to the team. Inexperience at the top of the batting order eventually resulted in careless running between the wickets in the Ind vs NZ ODI due to which Shaw threw his wicket away in the 3rd ODI even after playing a fine streak of 40 off 42 balls.
Proceedings now move on to the India vs New Zealand test series later this month where India has been dominating currently, so it’ll be interesting to see how things shape up against the kiwis on the test field. Will they able to avenge the Kiwis’ revenge?
While India gears up to strategize their victory in the upcoming India vs New Zealand Test series, you must continue your fantasy cricket journey with our amazing offers and BalleBaazi codes coming your way. The Test series is round the corner and so are new opportunities for our fantasy cricket lovers. Use code START100 if you are depositing for the first time to get a 100% bonus on your money. Follow the fantasy tips and tricks for the 1st test in the India vs New Zealand contest and make sure you play fantasy cricket and win real cash online on one of the best fantasy sports apps in India, BalleBaazi.com
Loved the Blog? Let us know in the comments below. Also, don’t forget to Download the BalleBaazi App now for the Most Amazing Fantasy Sports Experience. Lots of Winnings & Offers for you to Cash in on!