Kings XI Punjab Vs Rajasthan Royals
Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab had both been established in 2008. Kings XI not only changed their name to Punjab Kings but also changed their logo.
Rajasthan Royals is a franchise cricket team representing Jaipur, Rajasthan.
In the last 13 years of IPL (since 2008) there have been 21 KXIP Vs RR head-to-head matches where both the teams have given each other a hardcore competition.
KXIP Vs RR head-to-head
Punjab and Rajasthan have faced each other quite several times in the IPL seasons. Rajasthan holds an 11-9 head-to-head win/loss record over KXIP in the KXIP Vs RR matches.
In the KXIP Vs RR 2020 IPL match, KXIP (223/2) lost to RR (226/6 in 19.3 overs) by 6 wickets.
Taking a closer look at the IPL stats, it can be seen that:
- In the first 2 seasons of IPL (2008 and 2009), both the teams had one win each out of the 2 Rajasthan Royals Versus Kings XI Punjab matches. In 2008, RR won the IPL championship and KXIP was the 3rd semifinalist. In 2009 the standings of KXIP and RR were 5th and 6th, respectively.
- In the 2010 Kings XI, Punjab versus Rajasthan Royals matches, although RR won both but was seen at the extreme bottom in the points table.
- In 2011 only 1 Punjab vs Rajasthan match was played, and KXIP won by 48 runs. Both the teams were seen at the bottom of the IPL league table: RR 6th and KXIP 5th.
- Even with 2 wins against Punjab in 2012, RR managed the 7th spot, whereas KXIP was 6th that year.
- 2013 IPL was a good season for RR as they not only won both the Rajasthan Royals vs KXIP matches and qualified for the playoffs managing the 3rd spot in the points table. Unfortunately, no improvement or rise was seen in the position of Kings XI Punjab that year.
- KXIP in the 2014 IPL season were the runners-up and won both Kings XI vs Rajasthan Royals matches.
- RR had qualified for the playoffs the third time in 2015 IPL and came 4th that season. In the first Punjab Vs Rajasthan Royals match, RR won by 26 runs. The second Raj vs Punjab match was a tie, and Punjab Kings won in the super over.
- The following two years was very disheartening for RR fans as the team was suspended (2016, 2017)
- RR was again seen in the 2018 season and also qualified for the playoffs. Both teams had a win each out of the 2 Kings 11 Punjab Vs Rajasthan Royals match.
- The 2019 IPL was not a great year for the teams. RR faced 2 losses against Punjab, and the teams managed a spot of 7th and 6th in the points table, respectively.
- In KXIP Vs RR 2020, IPL fans witnessed 2 wins by Rajasthan against Punjab, yet RR was seen at the extreme bottom in the IPL table.
Out of 21 Kings XI, Punjab Vs Rajasthan Royals matches played, Punjab and RR won 9 and 12 times respectively. The highest score by the teams is KXIP-223 and RR- 226.
Players to Watch out for- KXIP Vs RR 2021
On considering RR in Punjab Vs Rajasthan Matches, the Top Players of RR are:
He is a nightmare for many batsmen because of his pace attack and deadly bouncers. Jofra Archer was the leading wicket-taker for RR and unarguably is the top contender who can bag most wickets for the Royals.
This South African bowler became the coolest player in the 2021 IPL auction when RR bought him for Rs. 16.25 Cr. Last year, he took 11 wickets in 9 matches for RCB.
He is an Indian spinner and is an asset for RR. Last season he took 10 wickets in 14 matches and was the joint-second leading wicket-taker for RR.
The Top Players of KXIP Include:
He is an outstanding timer of the ball. He has an SR of 144 in 164 T20s as a specialist opener.
He is the top contender to be the highest wicket-taker for Kings 11 in 2021. Mohd Shami took 20 wickets in 14 matches in IPL 2020.
He was bought during the 2021 auction. During the BBL 2020-21, Richardson was spectacular with his bowling skills and bagged the most wickets (29 wks in 17 matches). This Australian pacer can be a threat to many batsmen.
Team Analysis of- Punjab Vs Rajasthan
The seasons haven’t been great for KXIP, and this team has been playing since 2008. This team made it to the playoffs (2008, 2014) only twice in these years.
RR, on the other hand, has only won 1 IPL tournament (2008). Rajasthan was banned for 2 years and has played only 9 seasons, out of which the team has made it to the playoffs 4 times.
KXIP vs RR schedule 2021
The 2 Rajasthan Royals Vs Kings XI Punjab matches have been scheduled as follows:
- The first Punjab Vs Rajasthan match is the 4th match of the tournament and will be played on 12th April 2021 at the Wankhade Stadium.
- The 2nd Rajasthan Royals Vs Punjab match will be the 54th match in the season. It will be played on the 22nd of May at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium.
Squad of KXIP and RR for IPL 2021
Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab have made slight changes in the squad. Taking a look at the RR squad for the 2021 season the team bought the South African all-Taking a closer look at the RR squad, it is seen that the team has bought the South African all-rounder Chris Morris (the most expensive buy at the auction in the history of IPL).
RR 2021 looks like Sanju Samson (captain), Andrew Tye, Anuj Rawat, Ben Stokes , David Miller, Jaydev Unadkat, Shivam Dube, Liam Livingstone, Kuldip Yadav, Karthik Tyagi, Jos Buttler , Shreyas Gopal, Jofra Archer, Mahipal Lomror, KC Cariappa, Mayank Markande.
The squad of KXIP 2021 includes KL Rahul (Captain), Chris Gayle, Mandeep Singh, Sarfaraz Khan, Dawid Malan, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Darshan Nalkande, Hardeep Brar, M Ashwin, Ishan Porel, Ravi Bishnoi, Chris Jordan, Jhye Richardson, and Riley Meredith, Nicholas Pooran, Prabhsimram Singh, Deepak Hooda, Shahrukh Khan, Moises Henriques, Fabian Allen, Mayank Agarwal , etc.
Punjab ka Kings Vs. Rajasthan Ka Royals: The fight is on!
As the IPL 2021 season spurs around the corner, the fans can’t wait to watch the KXIP vs RR matches. Rajasthan Royals and Kings Xi Punjab have been a tight race through the years. BalleBaazi has now made it easier to not only watch cricket on the television but also create a team, play fantasy cricket and earn real money from a stunning prize pool of INR 50 crores this IPL 2021.