Kings XI Punjab Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
Kings XI Punjab had been established in 2008 and has recently changed its name to Punjab Kings ahead of the IPL auction. The 2021 IPL season will also witness the brand-new logo of KXIP.
Royal Challengers Bangalore, owned by united spirits, has been in the competition since the very start: 2008.
In the 13 IPL editions, there have been 26 KXIP vs. RCB matches, where both the teams have given a neck-to-neck competition.
KXIP Vs RCB head-to-head
When it comes to IPL matches, the teams give each other a tough competition. Being in the drill since 2008, there have been 26 Kings XI Punjab vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore matches.
IPL Stats of RCB Vs Punjab
- The first season (2008 IPL) was not a season of success for RCB. Kings XI Punjab had won both the matches against Bangalore by 6 and 9 wickets, respectively.
- In 2009 IPL RCB had geared up a little, and both the teams had a win each out of the two RCB Vs. Kings XI Punjab matches.
- 2010 IPL season was indeed a good season for RCB yet again as they won both the matches against Punjab and qualified for the playoffs a second time, whereas KXIP came 8th.
- The first KXIP Vs. RCB IPL match in 2011 was disheartening for RCB fans as KXIP won by 111 runs. In the second match, RCB managed a win by 85 runs.
- In 2012, the teams managed one win each out of the two matches.
- 2013 was not the best year for both teams. Though KXIP won both the matches yet RCB and Punjab had 5th and 6th spot in the table.
- In the 2014 RCB vs. KXIP head-to-head matches, KXIP swept RCB off yet again in the two matches. Punjab was the runners-up, whereas Bangalore had the 7th spot.
- In 2015 the first KXIP Vs. RCB IPL match RCB won by 138 runs but lost the next match against Punjab by 22 runs.
- A bad IPL season for Punjab as they not only lost both the RCB Vs. Punjab matches but also came last that season. In 2016, RCB qualified for the playoffs and were also the runners-up.
- The 2017 season wasn't that great for the teams. Although Punjab managed two wins against RCB, Punjab and Bangalore had the 5th and 8th spot, respectively, that year.
- In the 2018 and 2019 IPL seasons, although the teams didn't do well, RCB managed two wins against Punjab in both seasons.
- In KXIP Vs. RCB 2020 head to head matches, although Punjab had two wins against Bangalore, RCB hit the playoffs that season.
On a whole, out of 26 RCB Vs. Punjab matches, RCB won 12 and Punjab won 14 with the highest score of 226 and 232 respectively against each other.
Players to Watch Out for- Kings XI Punjab Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore 2021
The players to watch out for in KXIP are as follows:
- Chris Gayle
This West Indian player has played more than 400 matches and yet is hungry for more. He has performed well in all the seasons and has scored 4772 runs in total so far. In 2020 he completed a huge milestone and became the 1st batsman in history to score 1000 sixes in T20 cricket.
- KL Rahul
He is a crucial player for KXIP. The captain can bounce back, and score runs for the team.
- Dawid Malan
He is known for his impressive statistics in the t-20 format of cricket. Malan is the best t20 cricketer right now, according to ICC cricket. Look out for him in Rcb vs. Punjab match.
The Players to Watch Out for in RCB are:
- Virat Kohli
The captain of the team and the present Indian captain is the leading run-scorer for RCB and IPL. Everyone who loves cricket knows how terrific a player Kohli is. He has scored 5878 runs in 184 innings, and this RCB skipper is the best batsman in International Cricket. He is going to make a difference in Kxip vs. Rcb IPL.
- AB de Villiers
This South African cricketer is another powerful hitter. AB de Villiers has been retained in the team for years because of his performance. In 2020, he scored 454 runs in 14 innings and was the 3rd most run-scorer for the team. He has been a very consistent performer and is RCB’s asset.
- Glenn Maxwell
He’s the newest inclusion in RCB. Maxwell is a big hitter who can score huge runs within a few balls. He’s also known for his magnificent SR while batting. He is all set to embark on a new journey this season with his new team.
Team Analysis of- Kings XI Punjab Vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore
It is said that 2014 was so far Punjab's best IPL season when George Bailey was the captain. Glenn Maxwell was the star that season. Punjab has mostly stayed out of the top 4 in IPL and has not qualified for the playoffs.
On the contrary, the performance of Royal Challengers Bangalore over these years in IPL has been highly erratic. This team lacked consistency for a prolonged period even though the team had the best players worldwide and Captain Virat Kohli scoring the maximum (5878) runs. RCB has never won the IPL but finished runners-up on three occasions between 2009-2016.
Since, action between KXIP vs. RCB 2020 came to an indefinite halt due to the pandemic, in the 2021 season, fans have high expectations from KXIP Vs. RCB head-to-head matches and they can’t wait for IPL 2021 to start.
KXIP Vs. RCB schedule 2021
In the 2021 season that kicks off from 9th April, there are two scheduled RCB Vs. Kings XI Punjab matches.
The first KXIP Vs. RCB 2021 match is the 26th match of the IPL and will be played on 30th April 2021. The 2nd match is the 33rd match out of the 60 and is scheduled for 6th May 2021.
Both the RCB Vs. Kings XI Punjab matches will be played at the Narendra Modi Stadium.
The Squad of KXIP and RCB for IPL 2021
The KXIP squad for 2021 IPL is as follows:
Batsmen- Mayank Agarwal, Mandeep Singh, Sarfaraz Khan, Chris Gayle and Dawid Malan.
Bowlers- Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Darshan Nalkande, Hardeep Brar, M Ashwin, Ishan Porel, Ravi Bishnoi, Chris Jordan, Jhye Richardson, and Riley Meredith.
Wicketkeepers- KL Rahul, Nicholas Pooran, Prabhsimram Singh.
All-rounders- Deepak Hooda, Shahrukh Khan, Moises Henriques, Fabian Allen, etc.
The new inclusions in RCB include Glenn Maxwell, Sachin baby, Rajat Patidar, Mohammed Azharuddin, Kyle Jamieson, Daniel Christian, Suyash Prabhudessai KS Bharat.
The remaining players are Virat Kohli (captain), Finn Allen, Yuzvendra Chahal, AB de Villiers, Josh Philippe, Adam Zampa, Washington Sundar, Daniel Sams, Kane Richardson, Harshal Patel, Shahbaz Ahmed, etc.
KL Rahul Vs. Kohli: Who’s Going to Win the Battle?
Fans cannot wait anymore for the new IPL season to kick-start. KXIP Vs. RCB 2020 matches were very well played, and each team gave the other a tough competition. Last season, the first KXIP Vs. RCB IPL match was terrific, and Punjab won by 97 runs. What’s going to happen this year? Let’s find out soon.
Meanwhile, you can show your passion for cricket on BalleBaazi, using which you can create your dream cricket team, play, and win real money. Cricket just got more fun!