FIERCE BATTLE: MUMBAI INDIANS VS DELHI CAPITALS
The clash between two of the most followed and excellent teams in the IPL promises to be a riveting contest. It will be a contest between ‘Pani Puri’ and ‘Gol Gappe’. On one side is the most successful IPL franchise led by Rohit Sharma, and on the other side is the most promising young team in the tournament, with the youngest captain Shreyas Iyer.
Delhi Capitals, with Ricky Ponting as their head coach who was with Mumbai Indians previously, might spring a surprise on the four-time champions this time around. With a young captain and an experienced coaching staff, DC can be considered as one of the top title contenders this season.
Mumbai Indians are the current champions, but Delhi showed significant progress last season by qualifying for the playoffs under a new captain. They are even stronger this season with a solid top order and balanced bowling unit. Mumbai has the most potent fast bowling line-up which will test Delhi’s top-order.
Let’s have a closer look at the numbers head to head:
MI Vs DC head to head :
|Total matches||MI||DC||No result|
Both teams are at par, but Delhi Capitals has got the better of them in the last two matches of the 3 played. It will prove to be a tight contest with the experienced MI team looking forward to turning it around the DC young guns.
Players to watch out for: Mumbai Indians Vs Delhi Capitals
Team Analysis of MI vs DC 2020
- According to the IPL stats , Delhi Capitals qualified for semis in the 1st and 2nd seasons but since then had a rough patch, only making the cut last year after rebranding from Delhi Daredevils to Delhi Capitals.
- The reigning champions MI are the most successful team in IPL history and have four title wins to their names while also finishing runners up once in 2010. In the last five editions, they have won the title 3 times.
- Delhi’s batting unit will be strengthened with Shikhar Dhawan and Ajinkya Rahane available for selection with an already impressive lineup. Prithvi Shaw and Rishabh Pant will have the onus on them to get the team going.
- DC will have their work cut out upfront as Mumbai has added New Zealand paced Trent Boult into their attack. Along with Bumrah, Mitchell McClenaghan and Aussie pacer James Pattison will make for the most exciting fast bowling lineup in the IPL
- For DC, Kagiso Rabada will hold the key to lead the attack. His overs upfront against Rohit Sharma, who is one of the greatest ever players in the IPL, will set up the match in either team's favor.
- Mumbai Indians will be counting on the star player Hardik Pandya who rocked the stadiums with his astounding strike rate in 2019’s IPL. He will be a key player in their explosive middle order.
- Delhi will bank on Ravichandran Ashwin, to work magic with his fingers against Pollard and Pandya in the middle overs to restrict MI to a gettable total.
Let's have a look at DC vs MI Squad!
|Shreyas Iyer||Marcus Stoinis||Rishabh Pant|
|Shikhar Dhawan||Lalit Yadav||Alex Carey|
|Prithvi Shaw||Keemo Paul||Harshal Patel|
|Ajinkya Rahane||Axar Patel||Amit Mishra|
|Shimron Hetmyer||Ravichandran Ashwin||Sandeep Lamichhane|
|Jason Roy||Chris Woakes||Avesh Khan|
|Ishant Sharma||Kagiso Rabada||Mohit Sharma|
|Rohit Sharma||Hardik Pandya||James Pattinson|
|Trent Boult||Jasprit Bumrah||Kieron Pollard|
|Quinton de Kock||Prince Balwant Rai||Saurabh Tiwary|
|Suryakumar Yadav||Rahul Chahar||Chris Lynn|
|Krunal Pandya||Ishan Kishan||Digvijay Deshmukh|
|Aditya Tare||Nathan Coulter-Nile||Sherfane Rutherford|
|Anukul Roy||Mitchell McClenaghan||Jayant Yadav|
|Mohsin Khan||Dhawal Kulkarni||Anmolpreet Singh|
Probable XI for MI vs DC IPL 2020
Mumbai Indians Line-upRohit Sharma (C), Quinton de Kock (WK), Suryakumar Yadav, Saurabh Tiwary, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Rahul Chahar, James Pattinson, Trent Boult, Jasprit Bumrah
Delhi Capitals Line-upShikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer (Captain), Rishabh Pant (Wicket Keeper), Shimron Hetmyer, Marcus Stoinis , Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Mohit Sharma
IPL Results ofMI vs DD till date
|1.||2008 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 29 runs|
|2.||2008 IPL||Delhi||Delhi Daredevils won by 5 wickets|
|3.||2009 IPl||East London||Delhi Daredevils won by 7 wickets|
|4.||2009 IPL||Centurion||Delhi Daredevils won by 4 wickets|
|5.||2010 IPL||Delhi||Mumbai Indians won by 98 runs|
|6.||2010 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 39 runs|
|7.||2011 IPL||Delhi||Mumbai Indians won by 8 wickets|
|8.||2011 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 32 runs|
|9.||2012 IPL||Mumbai||Delhi Daredevils won by 7 wickets|
|10.||2012 IPL||Delhi||Delhi Daredevils won by 37 runs|
|11.||2013 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 44 runs|
|12.||2013 IPL||Delhi||Delhi Daredevils won by 9 wickets|
|13.||2014 IPL||Sharjah||Delhi Daredevils won by 6 wickets|
|14.||2014 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 15 runs|
|15.||2015 IPL||Delhi||Delhi Daredevils won by 37 runs|
|16.||2015 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 5 wickets|
|17.||2016 IPL||Delhi||Delhi Daredevils won by 10 runs|
|18.||2016 IPL||Visakhapatnam||Mumbai Indians won by 80 runs|
|19.||2017 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 14 runs|
|20.||2017 IPL||Delhi||Mumbai Indians won by 146 runs|
|21.||2018 IPL||Mumbai||Delhi Daredevils won by 7 wickets|
|22.||2018 IPL||Delhi||Delhi Daredevils won by 11 runs|
|23.||2019 IPL||Mumbai||Delhi Capitals won by 37 runs|
|24.||2019 IPL||Delhi||Mumbai Indians won by 40 runs|
Show your love for IPL and check the IPL live score today and see who wins the battle between Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals. Both teams have excellent line-ups, so let's expect some fireworks and surprises during the game between these two champions.Watch all the IPL matches and let’s see who tops the IPL league table this year.