Mumbai Indian VS Royal Challengers Bangalore
A contest between the captain and vice-captain of India promises to be a riveting one. MI have a solid core of 4-5 players that they have retained for the last 5-6 years, while RCB has changed their squad almost every year in search of the right mix, with only King Kohli and ABD being constant.
Bumrah and Trent Boult upfront will have their work out against a strong RCB batting lineup. Both teams are batting-heavy so it should be a fairly high scoring encounter. Bowlers on both sides will be under pressure as both teams have powerful hitters who can win the match by themselves.
Mumbai is coming on the back of a title-winning campaign in 2020 and is one of the most consistent teams in the IPL. RCB, on the other hand, has shown moments of magic and has always had a great squad, but their lacklustre bowling has not allowed them to be a title contender. This year might just be the year for them to turn the tables around and ask questions of the mighty Mumbai Indians.
Let’s have a closer look at the numbers Head to Head of Mumbai v/s RCB :
MI v/s RCB head to head :
|Total matches||MI||RCB||No result|
Players to Watch Out for MI v/s RCB
Team Analysis of MI vs RCB 2021
- RCB has played three finals in 2009, 2011 and 2016 but has no title to show for it according to the IPL Stats . This might be the year they go the full distance and win it for their widely growing fanbase.
- The reigning champions, MI, are the most successful team in the IPL history and have five titles to their names while also finishing runners up once in 2010. In the last five editions, they have won the title three times.
- Virat and AB have the most successful partnership in the IPL in the last 4-5 years, and over-dependence on them have cost RCB middle-order collapses when they don’t click.
- Bumrah versus Kohli is the most awaited contest of the IPL every year. It will be even more interesting this year to see them go at each other after lockdown and no cricket for 6 months.
- MI will look forward to Bumrah to get the better of RCB top order. He will be happy to open the bowling with New Zealand pacer Trent Boult set to join the camp.
- Devdutt Padikal, a very promising 20-year-old, will most likely open the innings with Captain Virat Kohli. RCB will expect the young gun to give consistent performances to reduce dependence on their middle order.
- RCB will rely on Yuzi Chahal to get them the breakthroughs in the middle overs on turning tracks in India as he has been their most consistent bowler over the last few seasons.
- Mumbai Indians will also be looking forward to the star player Krunal Pandya returning to cricket after a long layoff due to injury and pandemic. He will be a key player in that explosive middle order of theirs.
Let's have a Look at Mumbai v/s Bangalore Squads!
|KIERON POLLARD||ROHIT SHARMA||HARDIK PANDYA||ADITYA TARE||JASPRIT BUMRAH|
|ANMOLPREET SINGH||ANUKUL ROY||CHRIS LYNN||DHAWAL KULKARNI||ADAM MILNE|
|ISHAN KISHAN||MARCO JANSEN||JAYANT YADAV||KRUNAL PANDYA||JAMES NEESHAM|
|MOHSIN KHAN||NATHAN COULTER-NILE||PIYUSH CHAWLA||QUINTON DE KOCK||RAHUL CHAHAR|
|TRENT BOULT||SURYAKUMAR YADAV||ARJUN TENDULKAR||SAURABH TIWARY||YUDHVIR CHARAK|
Royal Challengers Bangalore
|Virat Kohli||Srikar Bharat||Mohd Azharudeen|
|Devdutt Padikkal||Dan Christian||Kyle Jamieson|
|Finn Allen||Kane Richardson||Adam Zampa|
|Sachin Baby||AB de Villiers||Glenn Maxwell|
|Daniel Sams||Harshall Patel||Rajat Patidar|
|Washington Sundar||Josh Philippe|
|Pavan Deshpande||Mohammed Siraj|
|Suyash Prabhudessai||Yuzvendra Chahal|
|Shahbaz Ahmed||Navdeep Saini|
Probable XI for MI vs RCB IPL 2020
Mumbai Indians Lineup
- Rohit Sharma (c)
- Quinton de Kock (wk)
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Ishan Kishan
- Kieron Pollard
- Hardik Pandya
- Krunal Pandya
- Rahul Chahar
- Marco Jansen
- Trent Boult
- Jasprit Bumrah
Royal Challengers Bangalore Lineup
- Virat Kohli (Captain)
- Devdutt Padikkal
- AB de Villiers
- Glenn Maxwell
- Kyle Jamieson
- Washington Sundar
- Mohd Azharudeen
- Navdeep Saini
- Mohd Siraj
- Kane Richardson
- Yuzvendra Chahal
IPL Results of Mumbai versus Bengaluru till date
|1.||2008 IPL||Mumbai||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 5 wickets|
|2.||2008 IPL||Bangalore||Mumbai Indians won by 9 wickets|
|3.||2009 IPl||Johannesburg||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 9 wickets|
|4.||2009 IPL||Port Elizabeth||Mumbai Indians won by 16 runs|
|5.||2010 IPL||Mumbai||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 7 wickets|
|6.||2010 IPL||Bangalore||Mumbai Indians won by 57 runs|
|7.||2010 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 35 runs|
|8.||2011 IPL||Bangalore||Mumbai Indians won by 9 wickets|
|9.||2011 IPL||Chennai||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 43 runs|
|10.||2012 IPL||Mumbai||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 9 wickets|
|11.||2012 IPL||Bangalore||Mumbai Indians won by 5 wickets|
|12.||2013 IPL||Bangalore||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 2 runs|
|13.||2013 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 58 runs|
|14.||2014 IPL||Dubai||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 7 wickets|
|15.||2014 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 19 runs|
|16.||2015 IPL||Bangalore||Mumbai Indians won by 18 runs|
|17.||2015 IPL||Mumbai||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 39 runs|
|18.||2016 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 6 wickets|
|19.||2016 IPL||Bangalore||Mumbai Indians won by 6 wickets|
|20.||2017 IPL||Bangalore||Mumbai Indians won by 4 wickets|
|21.||2017 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 5 wickets|
|22.||2018 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 46 runs|
|23.||2018 IPL||Bangalore||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 14 runs|
|24.||2019 IPL||Bangalore||Mumbai Indians won by 6 runs|
|25.||2019 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 5 wickets|
|26.||2020 IPL||Bangalore||Royal Challengers won the super over|
|27.||2020 IPL||Mumbai||Mumbai Indians won by 5 wickets|
Show your love for IPL and check the IPL live score today and see who wins the battle between Mumbai Indians and RCB . A knockout between the teams of the two current best batsmen from India. Both teams have excellent line-ups, so let's expect some fireworks and surprises during the game between these two champions.Watch all the IPL matches and let’s see who tops the IPL league table this year.