The Southern Derby: Royal Challengers Bangalore Vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
RCB vs SRH is a game between two sides that have very different styles of playing. RCB, on one hand, is a batting-heavy side with two of the best batsmen of the modern era in their lineup, while SRH has always been known for their quality bowling attack. It will be a great contest between RCB’s batting and SRH’s bowling. Will Rashid Khan trump the Kohli-AB duo?
In the previous RCB vs SRH IPL matches, Sunrisers Hyderabad was totally dependent on Warner and Bairstow without much depth in their middle order. On the other hand, RCB has addressed their over-dependence on Virat Kohli and AB De Villiers this year. The upcoming talent Devdutt Paddikal and the world-class big-hitter Glenn Maxwell will provide them with the batting depth required. With Aaron Finch being released ahead of the IPL 2021 auctions, does it mean that Virat Kohli will open the innings for RCB?
RCB will have their work cut against SRH’s bowling line-up comprising Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Rashid Khan and Mohd Nabi who are all world-class T20 bowlers. SRH is the only team who has regularly defended below-par totals, even below 130.
RCB vs SRH Head to Head Stats:
|Total matches||RCB||SRH||No result|
Both teams were neck and neck in the IPL results until IPL 2020 when SRH beat RCB 2 out of 3 times, including once in the eliminator. RCB has gone in with a much-balanced squad this time around and will hold the upper hand against SRH. Let’s have a look at players to watch out for in this edition.
Players to watch out for - Bangalore vs Hyderabad :
Team Analysis of RR vs SRH 2020
Although both the teams outshine with each passing season, it is very crucial to get the analysis of the teams before watching them play on the field. With the team analysis, we can find out who is going to make their position in the IPL league table 2020.
- Indian U19 star Devdutt Paddikal shone at the top in his debut IPL season and all eyes will be on him, this time around. RCB will expect the young gun to give consistent performances on which AB-Virat can capitalise later on.
- Warner and Bairstow both got the most number of runs in the last edition, which earned them a place in the playoffs. Albeit, they couldn’t go any further as Bairstow had to leave mid-tournament, exposing their lacklustre middle order.
- Kane Williamson, may find it difficult to find a spot in the playing 11 as it may go against the balance of the squad. If that is how the management thinks, Manish Pandey will have the responsibility of holding up one end for them.
- RCB has played three finals in 2009, 2011 and 2016 but has not won the title. This might be the year they go the full distance and win it for their widely growing fanbase.
- Virat and AB have been their mainstay for the last 4-5 years, and over-dependence on them has cost RCB dearly. They will once again hold the key in the top order to get the team to winning totals.
- RCB will rely on Yuzi Chahal to get them the breakthroughs in the middle overs as he has been their most consistent bowler over the last few seasons.
- Rashid Khan who has been one of the most consistent performers for SRH in recent years, along with countrymen Mohammad Nabi and Mujeeb Ur Rahman will hold the key for SRH in the middle overs.
The Probable XI for 2020
Sunrisers Hyderabad Lineup
Royal Challengers Bangalore Lineup
Devdutt Padikkal, Virat Kohli (Captain), AB de Villiers, Glenn Maxwell , Josh Philippe (Wicket Keeper), Washington Sundar, Daniel Christian, Navdeep Saini , Mohd Siraj, Kyle Jamieson, Yuzvendra Chahal
The IPL of RCB vs SRH:
|2013 IPL||Hyderabad||Match Tied (Sunrisers won in the super over)|
|2013 IPL||Bangalore||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 7 wickets|
|2014 IPL||Bangalore||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 4 wickets|
|2014 IPL||Hyderabad||Sunrisers Hyderabad won by 7 wickets|
|2015 IPL||Bangalore||Sunrisers won by 8 wickets|
|2015 IPL||Hyderabad||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 6 wickets (D/L)|
|7.||2016 IPL||Bangalore||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 45 runs|
|8.||2016 IPL||Hyderabad||Sunrisers won by 15 runs|
|9.||2016 IPL||Bangalore||Sunrisers won by 8 runs|
|10.||2017 IPL||Hyderabad||Sunrisers won by 35 runs|
|11.||2017 IPL||Bangalore||Match abandoned without a ball being bowled|
|12.||2018 IPL||Hyderabad||Sunrisers Hyderabad won by 5 runs|
|13.||2018 IPL||Bangalore||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 14 runs|
|14.||2019 IPL||Hyderabad||Sunrisers Hyderabad won by 118 runs|
|15.||2019 IPL||Bangalore||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 4 wickets|
|16.||2020 IPL||Bangalore||Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 10 runs|
|17.||2020 IPL||Hyderabad||Sunrisers Hyderabad won by 5 wickets|
|18.||2020 IPL (Eliminator)||Hyderabad||Sunrisers Hyderabad won by 6 wickets|
Squad of RCB and Sunrisers Hyderabad for the IPL 2020
Royal Challengers Bangalore
|Virat Kohli||Adam Zampa||KS Bharat|
|Devdutt Padikkal||Mohammed Azharuddeen|
|Glenn Maxwell||Kyle Jamieson|
|Sachin Baby||Daniel Christian|
|AB de Villiers||Josh Philippe|
|Washington Sundar||Mohammed Siraj|
|Pavan Deshpande||Navdeep Saini|
|Yuzvendra Chahal||Rajat Patidar|
|Shahbaz Ahmed||Suyash Prabhudessai|
|David Warner||Abhishek Sharma||Basil Thampi|
|Bhuvneshwar Kumar||Mujeeb Ur Rahman||Jonny Bairstow|
|Kane Williamson||Manish Pandey||Mohammad Nabi|
|Rashid Khan||Sandeep Sharma||Shahbaz Nadeem|
|Shreevats Goswami||Siddarth Kaul||Khaleel Ahmed|
|T Natarajan||Vijay Shankar||Wriddhiman Saha|
|Virat Singh||Priyam Garg||Mitchell Marsh|
|Jagadeesha Suchith||Abdul Samad|
|Kedar Jadhav||Jason Holder|
Looking at the potential of both these sides, it will make for a nail-biting contest. The key to this game will be the contest between Rashid Khan and RCB’s top order. If the Kohli-AB duo gets going, there will be no stopping them, and the SRH bowlers will be hit around all over the park. What an entertaining sight it will be!
To enhance the entertainment of the Indian T20 season, download the BalleBaazi Fantasy Games App and use your knowledge of the game to make your teams and WIN real cash daily. Sign up now and play your debut match for free.