Vijay Hazare Trophy
Vijay Hazare Trophy: Biggest Domestic ODI Battle
India is known for its robust domestic cricket circuit that serves as the substratum of the Indian national team. It is the talent hub of Indian cricket and has produced some of the world’s best cricketing legends. One such affluent domestic event is Vijay Hazare Trophy, named after the revered Indian legend Vijay Samuel Hazare. The tournament is played as limited over cricket and the competition involves the current Ranji Trophy teams. Vijay Hazare Trophy teams are identical to all 38 Ranji teams. Hence, this championship is tagged as de facto Ranji ODI Trophy.
Started in 2002-03, it has gained enormous support from the cricket fraternity as well as fans. The event provides a suitable platform for aspiring or young cricketers to showcase their talents and make a way to the Indian national cricket team. At present, Vijay Hazare Trophy is the best and foremost domestic ODI event in India parallel to international standard. Cricket lovers eagerly wait to see the Vijay Hazare Trophy live match of their favourite team. Now, it has become a 50-overs domestic cricket carnival comprising India’s best young talents.
The impressive journey of cricket Vijay Hazare Trophy started way back in 2002-03. It is a limited-overs tournament involving competition all the present Ranji Teams. However, the event’s history goes further back to 1993-94. Initially, the tournament was played among the zonal teams and there was no concept of finals. Later from 2002-03, the tournament format was altered and it was named after the celebrated Indian cricketer Vijay Samuel Hazare. All the participating Vijay Hazare teams were the same as the Ranji teams.
Since the inception, Tamil Nadu has been the most successful squad. It has inscribed its name on the Vijay Hazare Trophy winner list for a record five times. The team is closely followed by Karnataka and Mumbai, both teams have jotted down their names four times on the Vijay Hazare Trophy winners list. Moreover, Mumbai is the current titleholder who gained the victory after thrashing Uttar Pradesh in the finals.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there was some dismal Vijay Hazare Trophy news regarding its execution. Yet, it progressed appropriately but without any spectators in the stadium. Fans watched Vijay Hazare Trophy live on their television and enjoyed another domestic battle full of thrill and suspense. Many cricket enthusiasts followed Vijay Hazare live scores and Vijay Hazare Trophy results on various online websites.
The advent of this prestigious tournament was quite interesting. As you all know, the first edition under the name of Vijay Hazare Trophy took place in 2002-03. However, the tournament had been running from long: 1993-94. At that time, the zonal teams competed with each other in their respective zones and hence there was no overall. From 2002-03, the format has been revised and a single champion is being declared then onwards.
Vijay Samuel Hazare was a legendary figure in Indian cricket. He played 30 Test matches and led the Indian team as a captain on 14 occasions between 1951 and 1953. Here are some career highlights of the coveted personality in the Indian cricket fraternity:
- He played 238 first-class matches and amassed an unbelievable 18,740 runs with an incredible average of 58.36.
- In his first-class career, Vijay scored 60 tons and 73 half-centuries.
- He was the first to score triple centuries in first-class cricket for India.
The inaugural season of cricket Vijay Hazare Trophy was held in 2002-03. Being known as the Ranji ODI Trophy, it gained a reputed stature in the Indian domestic cricket arena. With each passing season, the event commenced by establishing a robust cornerstone for the future. It has provided a suitable dais to furnish the talents of young and aspiring cricketers. To date, there have been a total of 19 successful seasons and Tamil Nadu has emerged as the most prosperous team. It has been honoured the title 5 times in the Vijay Hazare Trophy teams winner list. The team is closely accompanied by Karnataka and Mumbai, who have won 4 times each.
However, due to the ongoing Covid, a dark cloud had been hovering over the execution of the Vijay Hazare Trophy live matches. Thankfully, BCCI managed to clear all the barriers and organized the 2020-21 edition decently. Cricket lovers watched Vijay Hazare Trophy live match on television and streamed online. Many fans followed Vijay Hazare Trophy news and Vijay Hazare live scores on various cricket websites.
The final of the Vijay Hazare trophy resulted in the favour of the Mumbai team and thus, they became the latest champion led by the youngster, Prithvi Shaw. He performed exceptionally well throughout the season to guide his team to the victory line. Let’s see some significant Vijay Hazare Trophy news and highlights of 2020-21 edition:
- It was the 19th edition of the Vijay Hazare Trophy and the championship took place from February 20, 2021 to March 14, 2021. The entire tournament was played under the shadow of the contagious Coronavirus and no spectators were allowed to enter the stadium.
- Mumbai thrashed Uttar Pradesh by 6 wickets in the final to clinch its 4th championship title. Batting first, Uttar Pradesh mounted a decent target of 316 runs and the impressive Mumbai team attained this target comfortably in just 41.3 overs with a loss of four wickets. Aditya Tare from the Mumbai team was awarded the player of the match title.
- Prithvi Shaw became the top-scorer of the tournament and scored unbelievable 827 runs in 8 matches with a stunning average of 165.4 for the Mumbai team. He smashed four wonderful centuries including phenomenal 227* runs against Puducherry.
- On the other hand, the 20 year old Shivam Sharma from Uttar Pradesh took the most number of wickets in the entire tournament. He took a staggering 21 wickets in just 8 matches with a strike rate of 22. The youngster took an impressive 5-wickets haul on two occasions including a magnificent 7/31 against Bihar.
The advent of fantasy has revolutionized the world of virtual cricket. In a few years, it has witnessed massive engagement from cricket lovers. Millions of participants create their fantasy team and compete with each other. Depending on the team performance they are entitled to receive exciting rewards. So, let’s comprehend step by step how to play Hazare Trophy fantasy on BalleBaazi:
- The first step is to download and install the BalleBaazi fantasy games app. It is available for all platforms whether it is iOS or Android.
- The next step is the registration process. You can register yourself with a mobile number or email ID. Further, verify your credentials before setting off your fantasy ride.
- Now, enter into the fantasy cricket gameplay menu and look out for any upcoming Vijay Hazare Trophy live encounter.
- Select the available upcoming Vijay Hazare Trophy live matches and create your fantasy team. It is the most critical aspect of fantasy cricket. So, choose your players wisely who can give you maximum fantasy points.
- Well, your team is set to enter into a fantasy battlefield. Join your desired contests that give optimum results. There are hundreds of different contests such as mega-contest, private contest, head-to-head contest and even practice leagues for newbies.
- Now, sit on the couch and experience the thrill. Follow Vijay Hazare Trophy team’s scores and track your team performance. After the Vijay Hazare Trophy results, you will receive your rewards based on the amassed fantasy points.
Aren't you excited? So, join our amazing BalleBaazi platform to explore the euphoria of fantasy cricket. Enjoy seamless gaming experience coupled and follow accurate predictions our fantasy cricket news blog to top the leaderboard in your next match! So, stay tuned to get real-time updates of Vijay Hazare Trophy scores.
Cricket Vijay Hazare Trophy is a limited-overs domestic competition. It is a One-Day International (ODI) format event involving a total of 38 domestic teams. The Vijay Hazare Trophy competition structure has been reformed on several occasions. Let’s have a glance on these reforms:
- Until 2014-15, the Vijay Hazare teams were categorized according to zones and there were a total of 27 teams from five zonal groups. The winner of the zonal groups qualifies for the quarterfinals or knockout stage.
- Later, from 2016-18, the team classification method was reformed for feasibility. The existing zonal groups were revamped and replaced with 4 groups having 7 teams each.
- Again in 2018-19, the group categorization was altered and the teams were divided into three Elite groups and one Plate group. The top two Elite groups consist of 9 teams each, whereas the other Elite group consists 10 teams. On the other hand, the Plate group contains 9 teams.
- Talking about the latest season 2020-19, the tournament was played in the dark cloud of virulent Covid-19. In this edition, all Vijay Hazare teams were segregated into 5 groups (A, B, C, D, E) consisting of six teams in each group and one Plate group comprising 8 teams. The winner of the five groups (A to E) advances into the quarterfinals along with the top-two next team from these groups. Further, the winner of the Plate group and the next best team from these five groups played an eliminator to reach quarterfinals.
India is known for its robust domestic competition involving teams from each and every corner of India, representing their respective province. Cricket Vijay Hazare Trophy has become the epitome of limited-overs Indian domestic cricket. With time, it has gained prominence and matches the international cricket standard. Well, all thanks to the BCCI, the cricket governing body of India that has nurtured this championship since its inception. They have provided all the requisite infrastructure and have promoted enormously in the mainstream. The BCCI even encouraged national players to participate in this event, so that it becomes a resourceful asset for the future of Indian cricket.
Being known as the ODI Ranji, the competition involves a total of 38 Vijay Hazare Trophy teams like the Ranji Trophy. Until 2014-15, the championship was played with five zonal groups that comprise a total of 27 teams. At present, a total of 38 teams shall participate in the tournament which are further divided into Elite and Plate groups. Here is the list of 38 Vijay Hazare teams:
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
Being one of the most dominant domestic tournaments in Indian cricket domain, the champion team holds a reputable stature in mainstream cricket. Earlier, the championship was only limited to the zonal level and there were no winners at the National level.
In 2002-03, the league was named after honourable Vijay Samuel Hazare and a new journey commenced thereon. During the course, on several occasions the format of the competition and approach has been reformed in order to streamline this complex event involving teams from every region of India.
Since its inception, few Vijay Hazare Trophy teams have dominated the tournament. To date, the most successful team is Tamil Nadu, jotted down its name for a record 5 times in the Vijay Hazare Trophy winner list. It is closely followed by Mumbai and Karnataka, who have inscribed their name 4 times each in the Vijay Hazare Trophy winner list. Let’s check out the Vijay Hazare Trophy winners list from the beginning:
|2004-05||Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh (Shared)||-----------------|
As you all know, cricket is a game of numbers. It is a beautiful summation of individual performance that guides a team to the victory line. Each season, some individual players have performed remarkably well that helped their respective Vijay Hazare Trophy teams to get close to the winning line. Here is the detailed list of the best batsmen and best bowlers of each season:
|Seasons||Most Runs||Most Wickets|
|2002-03||Niranjan Godbole (Maharashtra)||Iqbal Siddiqui (Maharashtra)|
|2003-04||Devang Gandhi (Bengal)||Sarandeep Singh (Delhi)|
|2004-05||V.Sivaramakrishnan (Tamil Nadu)||Praveen Kumar (Uttar Pradesh) Ranadeb Bose (Bengal)|
|2005-06||Dinesh Mongia (Punjab)||Sankalp Vohra (Baroda)|
|2006-07||Wasim Jaffer (Mumbai)||Dakshinamoorthy Kumaran (Tamil Nadu)|
|2007-08||Ajinkya Rahane (Mumbai)||Vishal Bhatia (Himachal Pradesh)|
|2008-09||Virat Kohli (Delhi)||Shoiab Ahmed (Hyderbad)|
|2009-10||Shreevats Goswami (Bengal)||Yo Mahesh (Tamil Nadu)|
|2010-11||Ishank Jaggi (Jharkhand)||Amit Mishra (Haryana)|
|2011-12||Wriddhiman Saha (Bengal)||Parvinder Awana (Delhi)|
|2012-13||Robin Uthappa (Karnataka)||Pritam Das (Assam)|
|2013-14||Robin Uthappa (Karnataka)||Vinay Kumar (Karnataka)|
|2014-15||Manish Pandey (Karnataka)||Abhimanyu Mithun (Karnataka)|
|2015-16||Mandeep Singh (Punjab)||Jasprit Bumrah (Gujarat)|
|2016-17||Dinesh Karthik (Tamil Nadu)||Aswin Christ (Tamil Nadu)|
|2017-18||Mayank Agarwal (Karnataka)||Mohammed Siraj (Hyderabad)|
|2018-19||Abhinav Mukund (Tamil Nadu)||Shahbaz Nadeem (Jharkhand)|
|2019-20||Devdutt Padikkal (Karnataka)||Pritam Das (Assam)|
|2020-21||Prithivi Shaw (Mumbai)||Shivam Sharma (Uttar Pradesh)|
The cricket Vijay Hazare Trophy for 2020-21 was won by Mumbai after thrashing Uttar Pradesh in the final.
You can watch Vijay Hazare Trophy on Disney+Hotstar. It is the official live streaming app of the Star Network. Moreover, you can also follow Vijay Hazare live scores on Google or any other cricket website.
Tamil Nadu has topped the Vijay Hazare Trophy winner list with a record 5 titles. The team is closely followed by Mumbai and Karnataka. Both of them have engraved their names on the Vijay Hazare Trophy winners list for 4 times.
The Vijay Hazare Trophy is limited-overs cricket having 50-overs to play for each innings. It is an ODI format domestic cricket tournament.
Prithvi Shaw was the captain of the Mumbai team in the knockout stage of the Hazare Trophy. The youngster guided his team to inscribe its name in the Vijay Hazare Trophy winners list for the 4th time.
Now, you are well aware of the glorious legacy of India's most coveted ODI domestic league, so make it count. Sign up today with BalleBaazi and begin your wonderful fantasy cricket journey and start winning big. Use your cricketing knowledge and turn your passion into real time gaming and create the perfect fantasy team to play for real money today! Follow us on Instagram and facebook and read our blog for accurate fantasy predictions and real-time update about Vijay Hazare trophy scores on the next match.
Post the Vijay Hazare Trophy results, you will receive exciting rewards and cash prizes according to your accumulated fantasy points. Furthermore, you can play hundreds of contests using multiple teams and increase your possibility of winning. Download the BalleBaazi fantasy sports app to gaming today!