Table of Content
- What Is Baseball & How Is It Played?
- What Is Fantasy Baseball?
- Rules & Gameplay Of Baseball
- How To Make A Fantasy Baseball Team On BalleBaazi
- How To Play Fantasy Baseball On BalleBaazi?
- What Are Some Of The Scenarios In Baseball?
- When Will Fantasy Baseball Kick Off On BalleBaazi?
- Why Play Fantasy Baseball On BalleBaazi?
What is Baseball & how is it played?
Baseball is a bat-and-ball game played between two opposing teams who take turns batting and fielding. The game proceeds when a player on the fielding team, called the pitcher, throws a ball which a player on the batting team tries to hit with a bat. The objective of the offensive team (batting team) is to hit the ball into the field of play, allowing its players to run the bases, having them advance counter-clockwise around four bases to score "runs". The objective of the defensive team (fielding team) is to prevent batters from becoming runners, and to prevent runners' advance around the bases. A run is scored when a runner legally advances around the bases in order and touches home plate (the place where the player started as a batter). The team that scores the most runs by the end of the game is the winner.
What is Fantasy Baseball?
Fantasy Baseball on BalleBaazi works on the similar concept of creating your own team on the BalleBaazi app and when your team does well in the real-life scenario you get a chance to win real cash in fantasy sports on one of the best fantasy sports platforms: BalleBaazi. BalleBaazi will begin with the concept alongside the Chinese Professional Baseball League
Rules & Gameplay of Baseball
- Baseball has two teams of 9 players each.
- The fielding team’s positions are made up of a pitcher, catcher, first baseman, second baseman, shortstop, third baseman, and three outfielders at left field, centre field and right field.
- Games last for 9 innings of which both teams get to bat once. If the game is a tie after 9 innings then an extra inning will be added until a winner is found. If the team batting second in the bottom of the 9th inning are already ahead in points, then they do not need to complete their batting innings.
- Once a batting order is picked, then it cannot be changed throughout the game. Substitutes are permitted, however, they must bat in the order of the previous player whom they replaced.
- If the batter manages to hit the ball from the pitcher, they must make an effort to at least get to first base. They can then run to as many bases as they wish before being tagged out. Each base must be touched with some part of the batters body when running past.
- A batter gets up to three strikes before getting out. A strike is deemed when a batter swings for a ball and misses it. The batter can leave the ball but, if it’s within a certain area (called the 'strike zone'), then a strike will also be given. If four balls miss the strike zone and the batter does not swing their bat, they can walk to first base.
- When on base, the batter can run to the next base at any point.
- Players can be dismissed by either a 'strike out' (referring to a batsman missing the ball three times), 'force out' (when a player fails to make the base before the defensive player), 'fly out' (when the ball is hit in the air and caught without it bouncing), and 'tag outs' (where a defensive player with the ball tags the batsman with the ball all whilst they are running).
- If a batter reaches first base with bat he will consider as out.
How to make a Fantasy Baseball team on BalleBaazi
- You can choose upto 9 players from both teams and Max 6 players from 1 team.
|Outfielder||2 - 5|
|Infielder||2 - 5|
Player positions and nature
Outfielder: An outfielder is a person playing in one of the three defensive positions in baseball, farthest from the batter. These defenders are the left fielder, the center fielder, and the right fielder.
Infielder: are players who play any one of these four positions: first base, second base, third base, or shortstop. Each of these positions have their own unique set of responsibilities which favor particular skills.
Pitcher: is the player who throws the baseball from the pitcher's mound toward the catcher to begin each play, with the goal of retiring a batter, who attempts to either make contact with the pitched ball or draw a walk
Catcher: A position for a baseball or player. When a batter takes his/her turn to hit, the catcher crouches behind home plate, in front of the umpire, and receives the ball from the pitcher
How to play Fantasy Baseball on BalleBaazi?
Along with the revolutionary idea of the virtual fantasy cricket league, BalleBaazi: one of the best fantasy sports apps has come up with Fantasy Baseball starting from the 9th of May which will see many fantasy sports enthusiasts creating their own fantasy teams to compete and earn real cash.
Fantasy Baseball can be played using the following how to play instructions.
Points Table for Fantasy Baseball on BalleBaazi
Point system of Fantasy Baseball on BalleBaazi is based on various scenarios and player positions. Points are allocated separately for Batting and Pitching. To get a detailed review visit point system.
What are some of the scenarios in Baseball?
- The player you choose to be your team’s Captain will receive 2 times the points for his/her performance
- The player you choose to be your team’s Vice-captain will receive 1.5 times the points for his/her performance
- You can choose upto 9 players from both teams,There are no starting points
- Fantasy points will be awarded for all event during the extra innings (after 9 innings are done for both sides)
- Each batter will get points only for one of the following events - 1B, 2B, 3B or Home Run. A player will not score points for completing bases (1B to 2B, 2B to 3B, etc.) if he’s not the batter on strike
- Runs Batted In (RBI): When a Run is scored, the batter who was ‘at base’ (i.e. on strike), whose action caused the run to be scored, gets awarded an RBI. For example, a batter hits a double (2B) and his teammates are on 3rd base and 2nd base. In that play, if both his teammates reach home plate, his team gets 2 runs, while he gets awarded 2 RBIs. If he hits a home run (HR), then he and his teammates would reach home and the team gets 3 runs. The batter would get points for a HR, 3 RBI (2 for his teammate, and 1 for himself), and 1 Run.
- Innings Pitched (IP): A pitcher is given 1/3rd an IP for each out he/she records. However, the way IP is displayed is a little different. For the first out, it is shown as 0.1 (which means 1/3), the 2nd is shown as 0.2 (which means 2/3) and the 3rd is shown as 1.0. In terms of fantasy points, 0.1 IP = 1 pt, 0.2 IP = 2pts, 1.0 IP = 3 pt, 1.1 IP = 4 pts, etc.
- In case a player is transferred/reassigned to a different team between two scheduled updates, for any reason whatsoever, such transfer/reassignment (by whatever name called) shall not be reflected in the roster of players until the next scheduled update. It is clarified that during the intervening period of two scheduled updates, while such player will be available for selection in the team to which the player originally belong, no points will be attributable to such player during the course of such contest.
- Data is provided by reliable sources and once the points have been marked as completed i.e. winners have been declared, no further adjustments will be made. Points awarded live in-game are subject to change as long as the status is 'In progress' or 'Waiting for review'.
- Winners will be declared for matches where there is a result. A match usually has a result when a minimum of 5 innings are played by each side.
- If a player is announced in the starting lineup, but is replaced by another player before the match starts, the player who comes in as a replacement will get points for that match.
When will Fantasy Baseball kick off on BalleBaazi?
The Chinese Professional Baseball League(CPBL) is about to begin and BalleBaazi is all set to get all the games live on the platform with giving a chance to our fantasy sports lovers to earn real cash in Fantasy Baseball Sports. Find the fixtures here
Why play Fantasy Baseball on BalleBaazi?
BalleBaazi, one of the best fantasy sports apps in India, has set its own name distinctively in the fantasy sports universe. What started off as a revolutionary Fantasy Cricket app, has now become the home of fantasy sports in India with Fantasy Kabaddi & Fantasy Football as its new add-ons. The Fantasy Cricket format introduced on BalleBaazi in January 2018 became the first and the only platform to feature 3 different fantasy formats:
1. Classic Fantasy: Choose 11 players and make your teams while selecting your own Captain & Vice-Captain.
2. Batting Fantasy: Choose only 5 batsmen and make your teams while selecting your own Captain & Vice-Captain.
3. Bowling Fantasy: Choose only 5 bowlers and make your teams while selecting your own Captain & Vice-Captain.
Over the past 2 years, BalleBaazi has proven to be one of the most rewarding Indian Fantasy Cricket App with over 3 million gamers live on the platform every single day. After the inclusion of Fantasy Football and Fantasy Kabaddi, the platform has reached a mammoth amount of sports lovers.
So, get on the best fantasy sports platform in India, BalleBaazi and bring out the fantasy Baseball enthusiast in you.