What is Basketball and how is it played?
Basketball is a world renowned sport in which two teams consisting of 5 players each aim to score a basket against each other in their opposite courts. The team which scores the maximum basket ends up winning the game. Ain’t that easy? Well, let us take a look at a few more insights into this fantasy gaming arena.
The Gameplay of Basketball
The game starts with a tip Off, 2 Players of Each Team battle to get possession or assist in possession. After possession, the teams have 24 seconds to score a basket. If Team scores or fails to score – in both scenarios, possession is passed to the other team.
Rules in Basketball
Passes : Only by hand
Movement : Only by Dribbling by a player, while in possession
Dribble : Bouncing the ball, Up & Down, While Moving
Scoring in Basketball Real-time game
3 Points : When the basket is scored outside the Arc
2 Points : When the basket is scored inside the Arc
1 Point : Free throws, when awarded by referee due to fouls
Teams size & formation in Basketball
Total 12 players in each team and only 5 Players from each team on Court at a time.
Generally, consists of: 2 Forwards, 2 Guards, 1 Center
Substitutions in Basketball
7 Players are allowed on bench while the total number of players range from 12 to 15 (Starting 5+7 on Bench)
There is no limit on Substitution, Substitution can happen during Time-outs, Intervals and when Basket happens.
Player positions & references in Fantasy Basketball
Point Guard: Generally, the Leader of the Team, Short in Size, On Court Couch, High - Ball Handling & passing Skills, Responsible for offense/Assist and Guards its own Team Basket.
Shooting Guard: Winger or Best Shooter, also one of the Shorter, Scorer, Capable in shoot from Long Distances & In Defence, Save From Opposition Shoots.
Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant.
Small Forward: Aggressor in Defence, Best Defensive Player of the team, Long & Athletic
Power Forward: Generally Strong & Skilled, 2nd Tallest, Close to the Basket & Scores Mostly in key area but also from Perimeter and outside Arc.
Center: Tallest & Strongest, Close to the Basket, Rebounders & Shot Blockers.
Shaq O’ Neil
Possessions in Basketball
Opposing teams get the ball via:
- Blocking the Shot
- Rebounding the Missed Shots
- Stealing the Ball
- Fouls by other Team
Timings & add-ons
Quarters: (4 10) - NBA, (4 12)
In the course of a tied game, a 5-Minute play is added
What are some of the Basketball Violations
When rules are broken and possession of ball is passed to other team
- Shot Clock – 24s – If basket is not scored till 24 Seconds (after getting the possession in tip off or after basket), then the Ball is passed to the other team.
- 3s in the key area – The Opposition player cannot stay in others team key area for more than 3 Seconds, then the Ball is passed to other team
- Double Dribble – Rule is while Dribbling, the player can stop only once, failing to do this, the ball is passed to the other Team
- Travelling – 3+ Steps without Dribble, Then the Ball is passed to other Team
- 5/8, Seconds Rule – After a Basket, the offensive team has only 5 to 8 Seconds to get the ball over the mid court. (depends on League type)
- Palming – While dribbling, The player scoops the hand under the ball, the ball is passed to other Team
- Charging – When one player runs into opposition and causes a problem, The ball is passed to other Team
- Kicking – If the ball touches the players under the knee, The Ball is passed to other Team
- Goaltending – During ball hoop, If the defensive player touches the ball after offensive player shoots for the basket
What are some Basketball Fouls
Fouls are very critical in Fantasy Basketball that result in ‘Free Throws’ to The opposing teams
- Personal Fouls: Illegal Contacts (Unintentional) during Play, leads to 2 Scenarios
- Inside the Arc: 2 Free throws
- Outside the Arc: 3 Free throws
- Flagrant Fouls: Violent Contacts (Intentional), Results in 2 Free throws
- Technical Fouls: Fighting (with Players & Refries), Unsportsmanlike Conduct; Results in player left out from remainder of the game; and also 2 Free throws
How to Play?
Fantasy Basketball is an exciting form of fantasy sports that can be played on the BalleBaazi App using simple simple rules and gameplay for the best fantasy sports experience.
Point system of Baseball Fantasy on BalleBaazi is based on various scenarios and
player positions. Points are allocated separately for Batting and Pitching.
To get a detailed review visit point system
What are some scenarios in Basketball
- The Star Player will receive 2x the fantasy points for his/her performance (captain).
- Starting points are assigned to any player on the basis of announcement of his/her inclusion in the team. However, in case the player is unable to start the match after being included in the team sheet, he/she will not score any points. Points shall however, be applicable (including starting points) to any player who plays as a replacement of such player to whom starting points were initially assigned.
- Any event during overtime will be considered for awarding fantasy points
- In case a player is transferred/reassigned to a different team between two scheduled updates, for any reason whatsoever, such transfer/reassignment (by whatever name called) shall not be reflected in the roster of players until the next scheduled update. It is clarified that during the intervening period of two scheduled updates, while such player will be available for selection in the team to which the player originally belong, no points will be attributable to such player during the course of such contest.
- Data is provided by reliable sources and once the points have been marked as completed i.e. winners have been declared, no further adjustments will be made. Points awarded live in-game are subject to change as long as the status is 'In progress' or “'points in review’'.
So, get ready for an amazing fantasy sports ride with Fantasy Basketball as we go live with Head to Head battles, mega, 3-ways and 4-ways leagues to keep you hooked on the most popular fantasy sports platform BalleBaazi.