Virat Kohli: The King of Modern-Era Cricket
Virat Kohli, captain of Indian cricket team, is one of the greatest legends of modern-era cricket. He is currently the most ferocious batsman in world cricket. Popularly known as "Chase Master" and "Run Machine" in the international arena. The crisp cover drive, elegant wristy flicks, pleasurable straight drives and many such textbooks shots, all are the ammunition of the warrior King Kohli. Apart from cricketing milestones, Virat Kohli net worth valued at $93 million in 2021.
India, where cricket is a religion, Kohli has become second to Cricket God (Sachin Tendulkar). He has achieved impossible milestones and is still going hard to add some more feats to his accolades. Virat Kohli ODI century’s list is only behind Sachin.
The legendary Sunil Gavaskar said "To become a good player, you need talent. To become a great player, you need an attitude like Kohli''.
|Full Name||Virat Kohli|
|Nicknames||Chiku/ Chase Master/ King Kohli/ Run Machine|
|Virat Kohli Age and Date of Birth||32 years (In 2021), 5 November 1988|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm Bowler|
|Jersey Number||18 (India/RCB)|
|Test Debut||vs West Indies, Jun 20, 2011|
|ODI Debut||Vs Sri Lanka, Aug 18, 2008|
|T20 Debut||Vs Zimbabwe, Jun 12, 2010|
|IPL Team||Royal Challenger Bangalore (RCB)|
|IPL Debut||Vs Kolkata Knight Riders, Apr 18, 2008|
|Mother’s Name||Saroj Kohli|
|Father’s Name||Late. Prem Kohli|
|Virat Kohli Wife||Anushka Sharma|
|Children||Vamika Kohli (Daughter)|
|Virat Kohli Net Worth||$93 million (688 crores) as of 2021|
Virat Kohli, the captain of the Indian cricket team was born on 5th November 1988 in Delhi. Apart from being a cricket wizard, he has an inspiring personality. His physical attributes are just similar to a dashing and handsome hero. Here are a few highlights of Virat Kohli height, physical attributes and personality:
- Virat Kohli age is 32 years old as of 2021. He looks quite young and healthy, and maintains his regular fitness. He follows a strict diet plan and discipline to build his endurance.
- Virat Kohli height is 5 ft 9 inches (175cm). His eyes are attractive dark brown and the hair is shiny black.
- Kohli hobbies include singing, dancing, travelling and workout. His favourite tourist destination is New Zealand.
- Virat Kohli was born in Delhi, India into a Hindu-Punjabi family. His father "Late. Prem Kohli" was a criminal lawyer and his mother Saroj Kohli, a homemaker.
- Post marriage, Virat Kohli wife beautiful Anushka Sharma along with him is handling the responsibility of the family.
- The Virat Kohli family also includes sister Bhawna and an elder brother Vikas Kohli.
- From early childhood, he was attracted to cricket. Virat Kohli aged just three, when he had picked up a bat and requested his father to bowl. Virat did his schooling from Vishal Bharti Public School.
- Virat Kohli aged nine when he enrolled in West Delhi Cricket Academy. In 2002, Virat played for Delhi Under-15 in Polly Umrigar Tournament. He also became captain of the team on the next tour.
- Virat was selected for the 2003-04 Vijay Merchant Trophy, in Delhi Under-17. His consistent performance earned him a place in the Under -19 squad.
- Later, he has crowned India with the Under-19 ICC World Cup as a captain. This was the ultimate breakthrough, which secured his place in the ODI team.
- Virat Kohli married his love of life, the gorgeous and elegant Indian actress Anushka Sharma on 11th December 2017 in Florence, Italy. Seeing Virat Kohli net worth, it was obvious that he will go for a private-destination wedding.
- The couple created a buzz around the media and glamour world, and got nicknamed "Virushka". They have been dating each other since 2013.
- Recently, on 11 January 2021, Virat Kohli family welcomed a gorgeous baby girl and later her name "Vamika".
- Being a young and dashing cricketer, Virat had also some B-Town affairs according to rumours before dating Anushka Sharma. His name was coupled with Tamannah Bhatia, Sanjana, Sarah-Jane Dias and famous Brazilian model Izabelle Leite.
|Batting Strike Rate||57.12||93.17||139.04||130.74|
Virat Kohli batting in ODI is impressive, from a young robust batsman to become the legends of the game of cricket. Virat Kohli stats in ODI is quite unbelievable. Lets, see his highlights of ODI career:
- Virat Kohli made his debut in the year 2008 and from then, there was no looking back. He had not scored in a century in 2008.
- Following year, in 2009, Kohli continued to show his prowess and performed consistently. He made his maiden ODI century against Sri Lanka and scored 107 runs.
- His stunning performance went on and in 2010, he ended up smashing remarkably 3 tons and two of them came against Australian Team and New Zealand respectively.
- The saga continued and Virat was establishing his empire. In 2011, he earned a prestigious place in the World Cup squad. Virat played every single match and scored an unbeaten 100 against Bangladesh in the first match. He became the first Indian batsman to hit a ton on his World Cup debut. India won the trophy and also Virat scored 35 runs in the final.
- The year that defined the Virat potential was 2012. He scored staggering 8 centuries this year. Virat scored tons against all major teams, and the most remarkable was a massive 183 against Pakistan while chasing.
- In 2013, he scored 6 centuries and strengthened his position in world cricket. This year Virat had scored the fastest hundred by any Indian. He smashed 100 off just 52 balls against Australia.
- The stunning voyage continued, Virat Kohli batting attained significant feats. He scored incredible 8 centuries and established himself as a chase master.
- The trend persisted in the 2015 World Cup but an emotional defeat in the semis affected the Indian team as a whole this year. Although, Virat scored 4 tons, even in the slump phase.
- A warrior takes rest during the phase but never quits. Soon, Virat bounced back in 2016 and banged 7 tons.
- The year 2017 and 2018 had seen the most devastating Virat Kohli batting skills. He blitzed 11 centuries in 2017 and 2018 respectively. His 22 tons in the span of two stunned the whole world. People started calling him "Sir Donald Bradman of ODI".
- The following year was a decent one, Virat had scored 6 centuries overall. He also made 5 successive half-centuries in the World Cup. However, the painful exit in the semis against New Zealand in the World Cup had impacted him, as he was the captain of Indian cricket team. Another shock was his best companion and leader MS Dhoni's exit from ODI.
- The year 2020 had seen catastrophic Covid virus, which had suspended everything. However, Virat played 9 innings but failed to score any ton.
Virat Kohli’s batting is still going strong, recently he reached 12,000 run milestones in his career. Kohli becomes the fastest individual ever to do so. Seeing Virat Kohli ODI centuries is pleasurable to the eye. Virat kohli centuries mounts to 43 overall, only seven short of surpassing the record of most number of centuries.
- Virat made his test debut against West Indies in 2011. However, the first series of uncapped Kohli didn't go well. His performance was utterly inconvenient and scored only 76 runs in 5 innings. Consequently, he was dropped from the Test squad.
- Again, Virat joined the Indian test squad for the four-match series against England Cricket team in their home. He was a replacement for unfit Yuvraj Singh. However, Virat didn't play any match in the series.
- The first glimpse of vibrant Virat in red-ball cricket was caught in Australia in2011. Although the Indian team lost 4-0, he was the talking point of the series. Kohli was the top run-scorer from the Indian side and smashed his maiden century at Adelaide; scored 116 runs.
- Kohli performed poorly in the England test series averaging just 13.40 in 10 innings. In 2014, he became the captain of the Indian Test team in the middle of the tour in Australia, as Dhoni had announced his retirement post 2nd test. India lost the series but, Virat amassed an enormous 692 runs in the series. He was the highest run-getter in the series.
- The saga of developing as a prominent test player went on. Virat continued his journey and performance decently. In 2016, he scored his maiden double century against West Indies.
- He continued his journey from where he left. Virat scored sensational double tons against New Zealand, Bangladesh, England, he became the first Indian to score a double ton in four consecutive series.
- His rhythm and stunning batting records continued to reach new heights. In 2018, he overcame his personal battle in England and scored 593 runs, including 2 tons. However, India lost the series. Subsequently in South Africa, Indian failed to clinch victory. Virat lost two successive test series for the first time as a captain.
- Virat attained the stature of a robust test player and captain. The year 2019 went well, he climbed some more mountains.
- In 2020, Virat Kohli, captain of Indian Cricket team, went to Australia and played only the first test match. This was one of the unforgettable matches for India as well as for Indian cricket captain Kohli. Indian tasted the defeat by 8 wickets and plunged to one of the lowest in red-cricket and ended at 36 for 9 in the second innings. However, India bounced back with a bang and clinched the trophy under the captaincy of Ajinkya Rahane and with flamboyant assistance from youngsters.
- In limited over cricket, Virat Kohli stats are remarkable in T20 cricket, he continued his emphatic runs. His robust nature and appetite for runs give extra thrusts to his performance.
- He made batting looks so simple, hitting cracking boundaries and speed like Cheetah on 22 yards pitch with ridiculous ease. The runs continue to pour in his bucket, whatever the circumstances.
- He was awarded player of the tournament in two consecutive Twenty20 World Cups. Yes, one had to feel sorry after contributing so much, he failed to clinch the trophy. One lost in the final in 2012 and second in semis against dynamic West Indies in 2016.
- Virat is India's highest run-getter in the T20 format, averaging more than 50. He is the deadliest batsman in T20 right now. His consistency and batting extraordinary under pressure make him stand far ahead of other players.
Well, talking about Virat Kohli stats and career accomplishments requires considerable time. He holds numerous records and milestones in his stunning career. Virat Kohli centuries list will soon break the record of Sachin.Here are some of the glorious records and achievement of Virat Kohli:
- Only Indian batsman who achieved 890 ratings in the ICC ODI ranking. Previously, held by none other than Sachin Tendulkar 887 (1998).
- He also got the highest 922 rating points in test cricket by any Indian. Virat also scored 6 double tons as captain, the first skipper to do so. Additionally, he has scored most double tons by an Indian player in the test, surpassing Sachin (6) and Sehwag (6).
- Leading Indian run-scorer in T20 International (3159) and IPL (6021). Most runs in a single edition of IPL; 973 runs including 4 amazing centuries.
- Fastest Indian to reach the milestones of 5000 (114 innings), 10000 (205 innings), and 12000 (242innings) in ODIs. Also the fastest Indian to score an ODI century off just 52 balls.
- Fastest to score 20000 international runs in cricket history. Virat Kohli centuries list while chasing in ODI is 26, a world record in itself.
- Most successive half-centuries by a captain in an ODI World Cup tournament. Further, he is the most successful Indian captain across all formats by winning percentage.
- He is the only batsman to have an average of more than 50+ in all three formats i.s test, ODI, and T20. Virat kohli ODI centuries is 43, only behind Sachin Tendulkar.
The list of Virat Kohli stats and accomplishments goes on and on. Apart from these major milestones, he had achieved numerous feats. His career is a compilation of talent, hard work, determination and the right attitude.
|Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna||2018|
|Barmy Army International Award||2017, 2018|
|CEAT International Cricketer of The Year||2011-12, 2013-14|
|ICC ODI Player of year||2012,2017 and 2018|
|ICC Test Player of The year||2018|
|Wisden Leading Cricketer of The Year||2016, 2017|
|Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy||2017, 2018|
|ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade||2011-20|
|ICC Men’s Test Team of the Decade||2011-20 (Captain)|
|ICC Men’s ODI Team of the Decade||2011-20|
|ICC Men’s T20I Team of the Decade||2011-20|
Virat Kohli, a young and enthusiastic player created his way to the Indian national team in 2008, just after helping the Indian team to win the title of U19 World Cup. The journey of IPL also started in the same, he was inducted into the Royal Challengers Bangalore squad. At that time who would have thought Virat is going to be the face of the Indian team and become one of the greatest players in world cricket!
Later in 2013, he was awarded the captaincy of the RCB. However, personally, Virat Kohli stats holds many milestones and achievements but fails to win the prestigious IPL crown till now. Hope the deadlock is going to end soon. Let's take a thrilling journey of Virat 13 years of IPL journey:
Legends are not born, they enrich themselves to reach the culminating point. Virat had a trivial performance in the first two editions. He made 165 and 246 runs in the inaugural season 2008 and following edition 2009 respectively.
He started to develop his skills and had delivered a decent performance in both editions. In 2010, he scored 307 runs averaging 27.90 in 16 matches. In 2011, Virat performed exceptionally well and scored 557 runs with an average of 46.41, hitting 4 half-centuries.
In 2012, he struggled to score runs and performed decently with scoring 364 runs in 16 matches. Here comes the showdown, you all know it was coming. In 2013, Virat scored handsomely 634 runs averaging 46. This year was crucial for him as he made his debut as a captaincy for RCB.
In the second edition as a leader, Virat Kohli RCB ended at 7th position in the points table. His performance was not up to the mark and scored a modest 354 runs. In 2015, a robust come-back, RCB went to playoffs and Virat had led from the front. He scored more than 500 runs averaging near 46.
2016-17: King Kohli's unprecedented Landmark, following a Historic Downfall
- In 2016, finally, King Kohli stats demonstrated his prowess and scored an unbelievable 973 runs in the tournament. Virat Kohli batting was the zenith of this IPL edition.
- He scored 4 centuries and 7 half-centuries. His brilliant show helped RCB to reach the final. The game has no compassion for anyone.
- In 2017, Kohli due to a rare injury was unable to play in initial matches. However, he joined later but it was too late to reach the shore, RCB drowned and finished last in this edition. Virat had performed badly and scored only 308 runs.
IPL, the biggest cricket carnival completed a decade-long voyage, but RCB still looking for an extra spirit that could help them to crown the title. In 2018, Virat always performed well and scored 530 runs, but RCB finished 6th.
Similarly, the following year in 2019, Virat and his company failed to make any significant impact. Although, King Kohli performed decently and accumulated 464 runs.
The 13th edition of IPL was played in UAE, without any spectators due to virulent Covid-19. However, the fortune of Virat Kohli RCB continues its classic saga. RCB reached the playoffs but couldn't clearly surpass their luck. The Virat continued his outstanding performance and scored 466 runs with 3 half-centuries.
The wonderful IPL journey of King Kohli still striving for the maiden IPL trophy. He has accomplished every professional feat in his career but still acknowledged as a king without a crown.
Once again Virat Kohli led- RCB will be the central focus of the IPL. The first match is growing to be a blistering start as RCB is going to face the defending champion and most successful IPL team Mumbai Indians.
The Virat and company will walk on the ground with the hope to turn the tide of fortune and crown themselves with a maiden IPL trophy. You all know about Virat Kohli and Ab De Villiers devastating batting combination.
Additionally, RCB has invested a lot in several overseas powerful all-rounders by roping the latest Kylie Jamieson and Glenn Maxwell for the 14th edition of IPL.
The greatest concern for RCB in 2021 is still the same as the previous editions, an unsettled bowling line-up that is their nemesis over years.
Virat Kohli (c), AB de Villiers, Devdutt Padikkal, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammad Siraj, Navdeep Saini, Pavan Deshpande, Shahbaz Ahamad, Harshal Patel, Josh Philippe, Adam Zampa, Kane Richardson, Daniel Sams, Glenn Maxwell, Sachin Baby, Rajat Patidar, Mohammed Azharuddeen, Kyle Jamieson, Dan Christian, Suyash Prabhudessai, KS Bharat
Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli is presently the most commercial personality in India. His net worth in recent years reached unprecedented heights. Both on and off the field, Virat has become the epitome of success. Along with cricketing achievements, his financial accomplishments are also exuberantly high. Here are some detailed highlights of Virat's fortunes:
- Virat Kohli net worth in 2021 is estimated to be $93 million (₹688 crores) that makes him the third richest cricketer after Sachin and Dhoni.
- The majority of his earnings comes from endorsements and advertisements. Some famous brands he is associated with are Audi, VIVO, Puma, Uber, Google, Flipkart, MRF, Hero MotoCrop, and many more.
- Virat is in the A+ category in the player hierarchy list of BCCI, which means he receives ₹7 crores per annum. In all, he earns $2 million as a salary per annum.
- Virat IPL salary is the amount to 17 crores per year. He is presently the highest-paid cricketer in the IPL.
- He has always been a football lover and admires this sport. Virat Kohli net worth also includes the share of team FC GOA in the Indian Soccer League, the football version of IPL.
- According to reports, he has co-partnered with UAE royal franchise in the popular IPTL league.
- He has also started a venture named "Chisel", a well-known chain of fitness centres and gyms in India as well as around the world.
- Virat also has partnered with the well-known sports and casual water brand WROGN, and he is currently the brand ambassador of it.
No, he is not a billionaire. Virat Kohli’s net worth amounts to $93 million (₹688 crores) in 2021. He is the world's highest-paid cricketer.
Yes, Indian cricket captain Kohli has his own private jet. Being the captain of the almighty Indian team and the highest-paid cricketer, it is normal. Apart from Virat, the God of cricket Sachin Tendulkar and marvellous MS Dhoni also have their personal flying machines.
No, Virat Kohli is not wealthier than magnificent Messi. Lionel Messi is the highest-paid footballer, whereas Virat is the highest-paid cricketer in the world. The net worth of Messi is around $420 million and Virat Kohli net worth is $93 million in 2021.
Virat Kohli net worth is $93 million and annual salary is around $2 million (15 crores). He is currently the highest-paid cricketer in the world.
Virat Kohli is the highest-paid cricketer in the (IPL) Indian Premier League and gets a salary of whopping 17 crores for a single edition, which is 2 crores more than the retention price.
Yes, it is true. Virat Kohli follows a vegan diet. Once a hardcore meat eater, now he eats only plants based food. This news broke the internet, that India's biggest spokesperson is practicing vegan.
Yes, absolutely. Virat, Indian cricket captain, is a modern-era cricket legend. Considering contribution to cricket and the personal milestones that he has achieved during the journey is remarkable. Being known for consistency, Virat has an average of more than 50 in all three formats. Many analysts say that soon the Virat Kohli centuries list will soon surpass the record of Sachin Tendulkar.
Virat Kohli, captain of Indian Cricket team, was born and brought up in New Delhi, into a Hindu-Punjabi family. He was born on 5 November 1988 in Delhi and adopted cricket as a passion from his early childhood.
Virat Kohli wife is Anushka Sharma, a famous and gorgeous Indian actress. The beautiful couple tied the knot in December 2017. It was a secret-destination wedding held in Italy.
The biggest cricket fiesta is knocking at the door. Be a part of this carnival and win a lot of real money. Now, you know about Virat kohli, use your knowledge to create best fantasy cricket team. There is no time left, hurry. This is a glorious opportunity to show your talent. Just sign up with BalleBaazi, and leave the rest on us. You will be guided throughout your fantasy voyage. Share it with your friends and family, and win a lot of real cash starting today.